Along with its status as the website’s most popular self-hosted blogging platform as well as WordPress hosting, more importantly, managed WordPress hosting is a booming business nowadays. There are many such providers who offer feature-rich hosting packages built especially for WordPress users. However, the monthly fee goes up to seven times the cost of shared hosting. To say nothing of question is whether these extra features warrant the extra cost? A few hosting basics Firstly, let us look at what exactly this hosting is. Simply, web hosting is a service you need to have in order to store data and make your website accessible online, i.e. available to the people using the internet. You can also buy this service from a company. However, you have to know and understand your needs and the best suited hosting package out of the thousands of such packages available in the market that suits your need best. As a matter of fact, some packages will only give you a publicly accessible place to store your data, whereas others come with added features like security, performance, and general site management. Now, what is WordPress Hosting? Nowadays, most of the packages available are also considered as managed to an extent. This is because running a website is no easy feat. Anyone can create and run a WordPress-powered website but very few have the necessary skills to manage that website. Websites are always stored on computers and this means that every one of these websites has memory, a processor, a hard drive, ports that handle internet traffic and so on. These factors need to be monitored as well as managed at an operating system level. Likewise a bug in the internet traffic finally needs to be fixed in the second place; a malware when and where found needs to be cleared; these are just a few equally important day-to-day hustle that goes into managing these websites or else your website will fall out of business. Similarly hosting companies nowadays includes almost all of these managerial features in their packages. This is because most users have very little network and website management skills and given the chance to do so, will more often end up making a mess of things. The blame is placed on the hosts who will then be tasked with fixing their client’s messes. Thus adding these features help the companies to kill two birds with one stone. You may also call this type of management as server level management. There is another type of managed hosting services called application level management. This branch helps the users to perform many common higher-level tasks on their servers like website backups and furthermore. Likewise this is the branch of managed hosting service that the managed WordPress hosting services provide. Managed WordPress Hosting Features Managed WordPress Hosting further offers a wide range of different features:
When is it worth the extra price?
This is also very much dependent on your needs and your budget. If you can afford the extra pricing and you are running a WordPress based website, then go straight for a managed WordPress hosting service. Here I have tried to site some cases when managed WordPress is not your ideal choice.
- AUTOMATICALLY MANAGED UPDATES
- AUTOMATIC AND MANUAL BACKUPS
- AUTOMATIC WORDPRESS SETUP
- STAGING ENVIRONMENTS
- HEIGHTENED SECURITY
- SEO-FRIENDLINESS In addition to all of this while talking about SEO-friendly web hosts, then WordPress is the best option available. Also, keep in mind that ‘content is King’ in the SEO world. it is always in the first place. To say nothing of, with WordPress, you can easily optimize your site to post new content on a regular basis and gain higher ranks in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
- UNIQUE IMPORTANCE OF WORDPRESS SUPPORT As a matter of fact, WordPress has been adjudged as a popular web hosting theme. Also, WordPress hosting services are being used by millions of website users. Besides, you may not be sure of the way plugins operate, too. Also, sometimes, you need your site to load at a faster speed. Moreover, at times, you may wish to have support round-the-clock for addressing your queries and getting your work done in a timely manner. Moreover, you may not have time to tend to your endless WordPress queries.
|Name||Cheapest Package||Support Types||Security||Extras|
|Cloud Host World||$4/month||24×7 chat; phone support; Help desk||Free SSL, Malware scanning; removal||Unlimited Domains, Diskspace, Bandwidth, SEO WP Plugins, 99.9% Server Uptime|
|Flywheel||$15/month||Live chat; phone support; email||Malware scanning; removal||Developer tools; automated backups; free migrations; built-in caching|
|Kinsta||$30/month||24/7 email||Hardware firewalls; SSL support; DDoS detection; Uptime monitoring||Site staging area for developers|
|DreamPress||$16.95/month||Live chat; phone support; email||Web app firewall||Use any theme/plugin; optional cloud-backups; no bandwidth limits|
|SiteGround||€3.95/month||Live chat; phone support; help desk||Malware scanning; server-level monitoring; plugin audits||Built-in caching; free migrations|
- WHEN YOU ARE DEVELOPING TEST SITES
- WHEN YOU ARE ON A BUDGET
- WHEN YOU HAVE NON-WORDPRESS COMPONENTS
- WHEN YOUR SITES ARE LOW-TRAFFIC ONES
- WHEN YOU HAVE A NUMBER OF SITES